Friday, September 12, 2008

Last Day! Last Day!

Since graduating from college over 4 years ago, Raf has been working for the same employer--a company I affectionately refer to as "The Devil". Don't get me wrong, it's a good company and has been great experience for him, but he's given them more hours in the last 4 years than most of us put in in 10, and I'm looking forward to having my partner home for dinner!

For some time now, we've also been wanting to buy a home and build a life in one community, rather than continuing to split commute 30 minutes in opposite directions. That dream will begin as our reality on Monday when Raf starts his new job, just a couple miles from my office. And then--let the House Hunt begin! WOO HOO!

In the meantime, we're celebrating Raf's LAST DAY, LAST DAY! (Words I've been singing at the top of my lungs since waking up this morning.) This is the celebratory face I was expecting this evening:

This is the one I'm currently getting:

I guess this is what a guy looks like after 4 years without a break. Maybe I'll give him another 10 minutes of rest before I force him to join me for ice cream and champagne.

No comments: