Tuesday, March 2, 2010

The 365 Project: Day 60

My favorite go-to pasta for busy nights.

Mini Penne with Spicy Chicken Alfredo
Sandra Lee's Semi-Homemade 20-Minute Meals

8oz dried mini penne pasta (or whatever you want--I like it with penne or bowtie)
1 jar (16 oz) Alfredo sauce
1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes with basil, garlic and oregano (mine were plain, so i just added a few dashes of the other stuff myself)
1 tablespoon Italian seasoning (never had/used this, but I'm sure it would help!)
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
2 packages (6 oz each) refrigerated cooked chicken breast strips (I NEVER use these. I either 1 fresh/frozen chicken breast or, more often than not, I just skip it and make this a meat -free meal)
1 can (2.25 oz) sliced black olives, drained

Cook your pasta. Combine everything else and cook it til heated through. Mix and grub!

No comments: