Friday, December 31, 2010

The 365 Project: Day 355 (Dec 22)

At least once a day, Lana and I like to hang out on the floor in her bedroom and read books. I lay next to her, hold the book above us, and she kicks and waves every time I turn the page. It's pretty adorable. So far, Jamberry and The Lady with the Alligator Purse are our favorite daily reads, but today, she sat through the ENTIRE Cat in the Hat! I couldn't believe it (it's a long book)!

She practiced her brand new trick while I read: the side roll. She lifts her knees, then rolls her self onto her side--to the left only--over and over and over again, sometimes turning herself in a complete circle on her blanket! For instance, she had started with her head on the burp cloth on the right side of the picture. It's quite the fancy new trick.

No comments: