Tuesday, September 8, 2009

MBP!


What could be the reason behind a face this excited, you ask? Why, a shiny new Macbook Pro, of course! Oh yes, I am THAT spoiled!!! (Thanks for the traditional Best Buy gift card, boys--it was perfect!)

Too pretty to touch!
According to my user manual, I found my one true love:

The best part, by far, has nothing to do with the fact that it's a Macbook. The best part is that I finally have a laptop at home with wireless internet...WOO HOO! You don't know how frustrating it is to have wireless at home with no machine to use it on! I now live in my happy place--I never leave the couch! It's so liberating to be out of that dark, hot bedroom!

I have to admit though, it hasn't all been chocolate and fairies. Yesterday it was. Yesterday I uploaded all our wedding photos (YAY to finally owning a DVD drive!) and learned how to tag them and merge them and spent hours ogling over how much better they look on a Mac.

Today, I've been trying to blog for the first time. And I've almost resorted back to the desktop beast in the bedroom on multiple occasions. Learning a Mac is like learning a foreign language! I'm pretty positive I'll never go back to a PC once I get the hang of it, but in the meantime it's SO frustrating!! I've typed "how to _________ on a mac" in google at least 82 times tonight.

I sure hope this learning curve thing goes quickly, cause I'm ready to have some fun on this thing!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lookin good, girl! You'll learn fast. And you'll fall in love even faster.

-Kate

Jordan said...

It's all about the command button for me. I use it about a zillion times a day. Congrats!!

Jordan said...

If you're going to pack it anywhere away from home I highly recommend getting a case for it (they have really cute ones on etsy) as they scratch very very easily - plus, they're white.