Saturday, November 13, 2010

The 365 Project: Day 309 (Nov 6)

Today was my first long day away from Lana. Before she was born, I got to thinking about things I might like to do to make some money once my primary responsibility became mommyhood. Wedding coordination is one on a short list of ideas. Ever since planning my own, I LOVE weddings, and I find that friends often ask me to help out with theirs--whether with planning or with day-of coordination. I figure if I'm the person that friends trust to help with their big day, then maybe there's something to that!

So, in an effort to see whether it might be something I enjoy, I offered to help out with day-of coordination for my  co-worker, Daniel, and his fiance, Jenn's, November wedding. The verdict: I had so much fun! I really enjoy the chaos of wedding days. I think because it's as crazy and hectic as any event, but it's wrapped up in love and celebration and family and friends...which makes it about a hundred times cooler than any other type of event planning!

Since I enjoyed it so much, I'm hopeful that I can get the word out and book a few gigs next year. If any of you have friends getting married locally that could use some extra help and peace of mind on their wedding day, please share my info!

And a huge CONGRATS to Daniel and Jenn! Thanks for letting me be a part of your big day. I had a blast and everything looked incredible!!

No comments: