Monday, May 30, 2011

Baby Gear Top 10: Boppy Pillow

We have a number of friends who are joining the wonderful world of parenthood this year, so I thought it might be helpful to share information about our favorite baby gear for the newborn phase. I'll be sharing our picks over the next couple weeks. Keep in mind, these are not ranked in any particular order. Up first: the Boppy pillow
I've found the Boppy to be super helpful for breastfeeding. When I'm out and about without it, it's so much more uncomfortable and cumbersome to feed Lana. I know some people haven't found them to be terribly useful, but I think because I have such a long torso, it's a major pain to be without it. (It's exhausting to hold a baby up with one arm for 15 minutes!) 

Top tip: Bring your Boppy with you to the hospital!!! We didn't and learning to breastfeed was awful. Trying to pile up 6 or 7 pathetic hospital pillows to support your tiny, fragile newborn is a nightmare.

While we're talking Boppy, I haven't tried one myself, but I've heard good things about the Newborn Lounger. I could definitely see the (short term) value in this tool....it's tough to find a soft, safe place to put a brand new baby down! However, it's useful for such a short period of time, I'd definitely recommend trying to find one to borrow or buy used. 

1 comment:

Jordan said...

For some reason when I go on Amazon they keep trying to recommend this for me. umm...no Amazon, no thank you.