Tuesday, June 2, 2009

DMB Big Whiskey

The new album released today and it is, as expected, AMAZING! Despite all the anticipation, I totally forgot it was Tuesday until I was in Starbucks this morning picking up my caffeine kick and saw it on the counter. I couldn't resist. I can't remember the last time I purchased an actual CD. I could have saved a few bucks and waited for iTunes when I got home, but I want to be able to hold it. Play it in my computer at work. And in my car on the way home. (Which will be nice since I have terrible radio reception in general--and none in Livermore.)

Have I mentioned how much I love it already? You should go buy it. Immediately. The first single, Funny the Way It Is, is excellent. You & Me is an instant kitchen dancing favorite. I'm loving Alligator Pie. And Shake Me Like a Monkey is pretty much the best instrumental opening to a song ever. Can't wait to hear that one live! Cross your fingers it makes the playlist in Bethel.

No comments: