Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Cloth Diapers

Knowing I'd love it, my friend Val recently shared photos of all the handmade goodies she and her crafty fam/friends are working on for her expected bundle. It's all adorable, but I was most excited to see these handmade, reuseable cloth diapers. How cute are these?!?!

I've known for some time that when we're the ones with the bun in the oven, I wanted to do extensive research into the wonderful world of cloth diapers. There are multiple benefits--keeping the average baby's 5,000 diapers out of the landfill, saving some dough, and keeping chemicals away from the baby's skin. But it never crossed my mind to make them myself, and I certainly had no clue they could be so darn cute! Ah, yet another way to feed my pattern addiction.

For the sewing pattern and instructions, go here.

While surfing Etsy the other day, I also came across these non-baby cloth pads (boys beware). Very interesting. Who knew??

1 comment:

Jordan said...

the cloth pads are just a tad bit creepy!