Tuesday, March 17, 2009

bebe+jays: Our Etsy Card Shop!


As most of you know, we have quite the little card making trio in my family. My mom got my sister and I started a few years ago, and the craft has become an incredible bit of glue keeping us closely connected. Being the enterprising girls we are, my sister and I decided to open our own little Etsy shop, bebe+jays. We already support plenty of hand-crafters on Etsy, so we figured we might as well try to finance a few of those purchases, or at least our ridiculous paper addictions, with our own shop!

Our shop has been open and we've been learning the ins and outs of being an Etsy seller for a few weeks. You may have already noticed my little shop preview over in the right bar of the blog. (Go ahead, look, I'll wait.) I'm very excited to announce that after mentioning our shop in my Facebook status last night, we made our very first sale! YAY! (Thanks Tags!) We're SUPER excited...and super happy that our first buyer was a friend. So many lessons to learn on how to use Etsy after you sell something! I also noticed today that our shop has been "hearted" (added to favorites) by two people we don't know. So cool! Hey, it's the little things, right?

Moral of the story: next time you're in the market for a greeting card, think about supporting your local crafter, and check out our shop!

No comments: