Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Renewed Table Decor Excitement

When it comes to wedding planning, it's always the smallest of details that absorb the most energy and attention. At least that's my style. I had started to become a little concerned about the Patron bottle plan due to the small neck size. Everyone, of course, has warned me about this, but I had faith that we'd make it work. I've been testing flowers from the grocery lately, though, and had begun to get nervous.

That is, until I found these beauties! One little handful of these and my faith was renewed. (Anyone know what they are??) They work well because the stem is super skinny, hardy, and branch like--then they flare into these sweet little wildflower-like bundles. Love em! Just hoping we can find something with similar characteristics in late July!

As I mentioned in this recent post, I've also been playing around with the idea of upcycling old coffee roaster sacks into table overlays. Nena connected with our favorite coffee house, Nautical Bean, in San Luis. They've been super cool, and started requesting sacks from their roaster. Nena brought 5 with her when she stopped to visit this week. Most wouldn't work well--big bright stripes running through the middle, or the print on the outside shows through the inside, or the color/grain wasn't that great.

But there was one. One beauty. It's PERFECT! I love it. She she took that one back with her to see if she can talk to the roaster about pulling them specifically. If any of you frequent a local coffee house, check and see if they're roaster handles these Coffein Compagnie beans! In the meantime, I'm going to play with the others that she left. I need to figure out how to wash them, then I'll experiment with cutting them open to see how big of a square I can get.

Then, at work today, an email goes out about old votives found in storage up for grabs...JACKPOT!! Unfortunately, I wasn't the first to call dibs, but I'm pretty sure I'll be able to work things out to borrow them for the weekend. I'm so stoked! I had started thrifting very similar ones, but had only made it to about 6. There were close to 100 in the box I dug through today. Woo hoo!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: