Sunday, October 24, 2010

1 Month

It's strange the kind of crazy time warp you go into with a newborn. Yesterday, our Little Bit turned 1 month old. In some ways, the days just seems to drag, which is no surprise when most of them revolve around the couch. But on the other hand, I absolutely can't believe that a month has already passed. You spend so much time trying to figure things out-- and by the time you do, everything is already changing.

That's probably the craziest observation I have about parenthood so far--things change so fast. Every day something is different. Which is awesome. And fun. And scary. I try to remind myself to enjoy each moment--to Be Here Now. Which is sometimes difficult to do when I'm exhausted, or she's screaming. Again. 

I catch myself thinking that I can't wait until she's a couple months older, and a couple notches mellower. But I know I'm going to miss this. How tiny she is. Her adorable little chirps and grunts and sighs and faces. The way she melts our hearts when she looks at us. And the way she makes us so crazy one minute, and so giddy and mushy the next. 

There have definitely been moments in the past month when I wondered what the heck we were thinking when we made the decision to start down this path. But this isn't one of them. At this moment, I know exactly what we were thinking about: LOVE. And that's precisely what she's brought us--perfectly imperfect, boundless love. 

No comments: