Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Venues: Cayucos Creek Barn

It's only fitting that the first venue I cover be the Cayucos Creek Barn. It was the very first venue I came across days after we were engaged, and I'll admit--with the first photos I saw posted on the website, I actually laughed out loud! The thought that people would pay to be married at this place was hilarious! But then....there's just something about this place. I started looking at some professional photographs (great shots by Tempting Weddings) and reading about people's experiences there. It has a charm that you can't really describe, but within just a few minutes online I was smitten, as was Raf.

The CCB was also our first stop on the venue tour--we had to stop by in the morning because there was a wedding reception in the afternoon. Here are our impressions based on the core criteria:
  • Cost: The price is RIGHT! The barn is one of the least expensive venues we've found. Granted, there's not much included--you pretty much have to bring everything in here, from tables and chairs, to touches of decor. This obviously costs more money, but it's still cheaper than most places--and, the best part, we get to put our own style into it.
  • The Look & Feeling: Bare bones, rustic, and oh-so-charming! There's absolutely nothing fancy about this place--there's 2 trailers on the site for goodness sake. And yet, I'm tellin ya, the place just grows on you. You can't help but feel relaxed and at home here.
  • Competitive Edge: This place has serious Fun Factor! They have a portable firepit for roasting marshmallows and making s'mores, a horseshoe pit (which we're STOKED about), and a built-in bar. One couple even had someone come in to lead line dancing lessons during the cocktail reception--love it! It's the kind of place where you just want to kick back, relax and have a great time with friends and family--exactly what we're looking to get out of our day. Oh! And it's right next to an avacado orchard! Doesn't get any better than that. Guacamole anyone?!

Long story short--I'll be posting about a lot of places here, but the Barn is really holding its own at the top of the list. You can see all the pictures we took at CCB here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

no matter what you think i like this one too! :) and uncle beve will really like the gas pumps! :) Jin Ho looks good! and why are all the comments seperate?? why is there not just one big comment place?? or is there and i'm just to old/blind to see it! :) love you! mom

Unknown said...

Brooke!
Hi, it's Kate...from..Redding/Cal Poly...I can't even remember where we met!

Here is a picture of me if you are drawing a blank:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/katesawyer/sets/72157605461096387/

Anyway, I am planning my wedding too, and hopefully somewhere in the Central Coast. We'll have to keep in touch and help each other out along the way. My e-mail is:
katherinemsawyer@yahoo.com

So funny that I ran into your blog! It's double crazy because it turns out I know Sierra over at Big Sur Bride too! It's a small, small world, I tell you.

Cheers!
Kate