Thursday, September 9, 2010

The 365 Project: Day 251

I finished cutting all my fabric for the diaper bag this morning and still had the energy to keep plugging along, so I decided to try to work on another project (more on that next week). This project was simple enough...too simple actually. (Minus learning that I don't know how to sew through elastic.) And instead of letting it stay that way, I decided that it was time to finally give bias tape a shot. Eek! I've been avoiding all projects with bias tape for years. 
I followed these instructions, which are super clear and helpful. Unfortunately, it was still a comedy of errors. The seam ripper came out more than once. Then there was this loveliness. Talented, eh?
But this had to be the best part. Double fold bias tape completed. Yay! But then I followed poor instructions for attaching it and ended up with this.
Are you freaking kidding me?!?!!? Yeah, well, there was no way I was going to take it off and start over. So instead I ended up with this super sexy patch job. Ugh. 
Good thing I wasn't trying to sell this. In the words of my mother: this is how people know it's handmade by you! The good news: it's a finished project! In one day even. And it's darn cute in spite of the terrible bias tape job. 

No comments: