Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Crossing Paths


It never ceases to amaze me what a small world we live in. Meet Kate and Paul (above). Kate randomly found my blog while searching for wedding venues in SLO. But this wasn't our first meeting. We actually worked together for a short time at Applebee's in Redding--then would bump into each other from time to time at Cal Poly. RANDOM! Or maybe not so random--gotta love this life, huh?!

Anyway, Kate is also recently engaged and planning to get married on the Central Coast--but she lives in Seattle! I can't even fathom how much harder that makes things. The awesome thing is that not only do our paths keep crossing, but we also appear to have the exact same taste! It's so much fun to have someone who's going through the same thing, at the same time, in the same place, with the same vision! Random communications with Kate are helping to keep me sane...or maybe making me crazier--she's researched too many great venues (one of the new additions to the list is 100% her fault)!

By the way, as you can tell from the photo above, Kate is an amazing photographer. You can check out her Flickr page here. Here are just a few of my faves...



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aaaah, thanks for the love, Brooke!

Though I had hoped otherwise, I am just not able to pick a venue without visiting it. I've booked a flight for SLO next week! My mom and I are meeting to check them out and make the final decision (with many calls to Paul of course).

Let me know if there is anything I can do for you while I am there.

To do list:
CCB
Tiber Canyon
DPR
Maybe some Cambria sites
Maybe Spanish Oaks Ranch

Cheerio,
Kate