Saturday, October 4, 2008

Venues: Holland Ranch

The final stop on the Saturday venue tour was Holland Ranch in SLO. It's on one of the beautiful backroads between SLO and AG, surrounded by farms, rolling hills and jagged rock mountains.
  • Cost: Mid-range for our budget. Not the cheapest, but not the most expensive either. It includes tables and chairs, but the chairs are metal and blue, so that's not happening. They also have a huge built-in BBQ pit, which is a plus and a nice apt above the barn that can be used for the bridal party prep.

  • The Look & Feeling: Here's where I struggle. The ceremony site is absolutely breathtaking. I've never seen a ceremony spot that I think is more beautiful. However, the reception takes place up at the barn, which has been blinged out country bar style--complete with neon signs and mounted heads. This is the kind of place I feel most at home when grabbing a beer, or would be perfect for a family reunion, but it just doesn't feel quite right to me for our wedding. I want paper lanterns and twinkle lights in our pictures, not neon and wildlife. Sigh. I'm going to have to make better money so I can throw a non-wedding party here someday.

  • Competitive Edge: The amazing ceremony spot! You read more about the venue and see some awesome photos, as covered by photographer Cameron Ingalls here.

No comments: