Thursday, October 2, 2008

Ode to The Bean

The Nautical Bean, that is. Goodness gracious, I miss this place! The Bean is a coffee shop around the corner from Nena's house in SLO, where I lived in college. I always wake up at Nena's with a smile on my face and a spring in my step because I know that the goodness of The Bean is just steps away.

When you want to do the local thing and avoid chain coffee shops (that I frequent far too often), The Bean is exactly the kind of place you want to go--cozy, funky, cool and always hoppin. The walls are homey and colorful, covered in a revolving display of local artwork, the coffee is excellent, the food is super yummy, and the price is great!

It always pains me to return home after a weekend in SLO to a metro suburbia, void of cool local coffee shops. But then, my business school background tells me I should see this as an opportunity, rather than a weakness. Hmm...

No comments: