Monday, October 27, 2008

Macaroni & Cheese

It was an exciting night in Apt 345--we made macaroni and cheese from scratch for the very first time! I'm sure this doesn't sound very impressive to most of the world, but I LOVE mac n cheese. I was raised on at least 2 boxes a week (what's a single dad to do?!) and always order it at upscale restaurants if it's on the menu. In other words, I do not discriminate when it comes to M&C! I love it all--quick and cheap or fancy schmancy. However, I've never attempted anything outside the box at home.

Lately I've been thinking I should try making something a little more grown up, and a little less processed and powdered, so when I got a Martha email with a whole list of mac and cheese recipes, I knew it was time. Here's the one we chose. It was looking pretty boring until we added the ham--then it smelled amazing! It turned out super yummy and had the perfect crunchy crust, just like at the fancy places!

So, the million dollar question: have I eaten my last box of orange mac n cheese? Not likely, but I'm stoked to have a go-to recipe for the good stuff!

1 comment:

Jordan said...

sweet. now that you've had a test run you can make some for me. :) I printed out the recipe you emailed me but I never got around to making it. It was around the time of the roommate implosion.