Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Seattle is Calling

I fell madly in love with Seattle during our first (and only) short visit 2 years ago. The city made such an impression on me in those 4 days that I go through withdrawal periods multiple times a year that include job and home searches. (I'm so not kidding.) I realized recently that Seattle is calling me back. Here's how it's sending it's message; within one week's time...
  1. Kate randomly found me. Kate lives in Seattle.
  2. My old buddy, Bradley, just moved to Seattle and made contact about connecting.
  3. In one day I heard from two totally unrelated (and often long lost) friends, Jeffrey from the Quijano Clan, and Miss Kaylie K, both who were visiting Seattle at the time. Kaylie even rubbed in that she had just eaten at Purple, our favorite accidental restaurant find (it's amazing, we highly recommend it to all Seattle travelers!!)
  4. Grey's Anatomy is back on, and we finally watched our first couple Tivo'd episodes. (Call me lame, I don't care. Every time there's a Seattle skyline shot on Grey's, I melt.)

If this doesn't prove that Seattle is calling me, I don't know what will! If nothing else, next month will mark the 2 year anniversary of our last visit. I seriously don't know how I've gone this long without visiting, but it's no longer acceptable. Considering the next year of wedding travel madness, I really shouldn't be spending the money or using the vacation time, but guess what...I DON'T CARE!

Raf: Consider this post to be my public way of peer pressuring you into booking a flight already! :) We're considering NYE, how fun would that be...

2 comments:

Danielle said...

I lives in Seattle for a summer! My best friend lives up there. Im trying to plan a trip to get up there in Dec. (its my favorite time of year up there) we should all go!

brooke said...

D! That would be so much fun! I was totally thinking about people it would be fun to go up there with last night and you two came to mind first! Keep me posted if you nail down a date. Looks like NYE may not be best afterall since it falls in the middle of the week this year. However, I just found out today that I have the full week before off, so now I'm trying to convince Raf to spend the first half of the week in Seattle and the second half (Christmas) at my mom's. May be a tough sell--him with no vacation time and all! I'll keep you posted too...